Thursday 12 June 2014

Event :1046 : DHCP is going down again and again due to which user are unable to get new IP’s.

 Hello Geeks ,

Today I encountered a very unique and different type of issue which I would like to share with you.


Issue :

DHCP is going down again and again due to which user are unable to get new IP’s. I received a call from my associate that no client is able to get IP from the defined DHCpscope and their Lan is getting disconnected again and again. When I checked my DHCp server , I found that DHCP was down. At first I restarted the DHCp service which fixed the issue tempoaraly . But after a course of time it again went down.
 
 
Symptoms :
1.       You received below events
2.       When you open DHCP console , it will appears as down with red indication.
 
 
 
Resolution :
1.       First restart the DHCP server service to check if its just a temporary issue.
2.       If it doesn’t work then try to run below commands:
          Open command prompt and type :
Netsh
Dhcp server
Show all
Below is the output

This I took after fixing the issue. But in your case the rogue authorization attribute should be false.


1.       Go to ADSIedit.msc and go to below location and click on netservices.
 
 
On the right hand side
          You’ll find the below entries highlighted, just delete those entries.These are duplicate entries which is causing the issue. Wait for the replication to be happened across domain or forest. Once done, restart the DHCP server service.


Hope your Issue gets resolved !!
 
 
 

 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment